Tuesday 18 March 2014

Glass Bottle & Lego Man

The bottle was a bit more challenging than I thought it would be to be honest. My plan of attack was to sketch half of the bottles profile then do a 360 degree revolve. However, the main issue I came across was the actual revolve itself. For some reason I could only get my sketch fully defined if I mirrored it. But! When I tried to revolve the entire sketch mirrored it forced an error. Which got pretty f***ing fustraiting! :) Im still working on this issue, trying to get the revolve to work properly while still being fully defined.

For the Lego Man part of the assignment I'm using a pretty awesome Star Wars figure. Which means nothing but it's pretty cool! I smashed out the head, legs, waist and hands pretty quickly and to a standard I was very happy with. I have started and completed the exterior of the body of the Lego Man, however, the inside seems to be the most difficult part to model. I'll have to spend some extra time on this I think.

Overall at this point I'm happy with the progress I've made so far and hope to have the bottle and Lego Man 100% finished so I can start to work on my own part to 3D print! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment